Saturday, December 31, 2011

DAY 365

Manuel Luce has added a photo to the pool:

DAY 365

December 31

Well this is it - Part. II

I shot this pic about an hour ago because it falls into place with the previous one.
And the rule is the rule, don't feed a gremlin after midnight, don't start a new pic of the day before midnight. So we started DAY 364 at 9 pm and this one at 00:30

And i just can't realize yet it's the last one of the project.

I have waited for so long to type in the "DAY 365" title...

I'm pretty happy thinking i've been able to stick myself to the daily routine of shooting a pic a day. I'm a procranistor, my leitmotiv if some sort of "see what tomorrows brings and if you don't like it, see what tomorrow brings."

During this year, I never missed a picture, never cheated the rule and even when it was raining or cold outside or i was sick, i tried my really best at all pictures (well, almost).

I remember very well the day i started this project. And my DAY 1 was not a very good picture.

I hope i have improved my skills, that was the whole point of it. Shoot, shoot, shoot and learn.

Pretty cool things have happened during 2011, but the most important one (despite my new 5D MARK II) is probably the main subject of this 365th photo.

I'm gonna be a daddy, and i thought it would be nice to relate my girlfriend's pregnancy to the end of this photography project. Some sort of transition you know. Because that's a hell of a new project waiting for me in 2012.

Hopefully for you, i won't do another 365, filled up with babies shots.

But i'll probably start a 52 project next week. Because every end needs a new start. So stay tuned folks, if you're interested.

Oh, and as it's a usual thing when the movie ends, i just would like to thank all the people who have appeared or supported me in this 365. So thank you Sonia, Cosmo, Julie, David, Mathieu, Ronan, Guillaume, Darth Vader, Yoda, Brian (RIP), Yasmine, Danbo, Mélanie, Seb, Anaïk, Jenny, Bastien, Nat etc etc etc. (sorry can't name you all)


Let's finish this by this :

Radiohead - Where I End And You Begin (live from the basement)

Ciao ! Au revoir ! Auf Wiedersen ! Hasta pronto !



No comments:

Post a Comment