Saturday, July 21, 2012

Valerie Fujita has added a photo to the pool:

He is a shop clerck from a vintage boutique in Shimokitazawa (Tokyo) named Haight & Ashbury.

------------------------------------------

All of my images are © protected by copyright.
Please, do not use, print, modify without my written permission. Reproduction without written permission is illegal.

------------------------------------------

You have a special request, question?

- If you have any questions, you can drop a line in the comments, I will answer you as soon as possible.
- You are a professional editor, a magazine, a newspaper, an editor working on travel, culture or art photography? You can acquire one or more of my images through my accounts “Flickr Tokyo Tokyo” and “Flickr Valerie Fujita”, by simply asking a license through the Getty Images option, at the right of the pictures you are interested in. If you want to work with me directly on a more or less long-term or mid-term project, don’t hesitate to contact me at: valeriefujitaphotography@live.jp
- You want to order me a print? You can ask me directly by electronic mail. All of my prints are developed on glossy paper, in a limited series, and signed. Two sizes are available to the following price: 30cm x 45cm for 4400 yens; 40cm x 60cm for 5800 yens (shipping included).

------------------------------------------

I have two Flickr accounts, since I thought it is better for me to separate my traditional Japan pictures and other street and documentary photography from my stylistic attempts (if ever I can find something that really suits me).
Flickr Tokyo Tokyo
www.flickr.com/photos/80150170@N04/
Flickr Valerie Fujita
www.flickr.com/photos/38509240@N05
I also have a blog, written, in French: there is nothing really linked to my photography; it is more a way for me to keep in touch with my friends and contacts in France, to tell them about the places I go to, visit, the people I meet, my impressions about Tokyo and Japan generally. Maybe this blog would help my friends to pay me a visit in Japan; and encourage my French readers to travel here.
tokyotokyo.net/

------------------------------------------

Copyright & Intellectual Property

You take a photograph, you could be an amateur photographer, or a professional, or you are just taking a snap for the family album, the law grants everyone equal rights with regard to the photographs they create. The instant you take a photograph the law makes you the copyright owner of that photograph.

There are no forms to fill, you don't need to register your photograph, you just need to press the button on your camera, you are now a copyright owner.

What does this mean? It means that no one else can use or reproduce the photograph you have created without your permission. Being the copyright owner automatically gives you legal rights to control who, when, where, and what your photograph can be used for, these rights are commonly referred to as photographer's rights. Every country in the world has copyright laws in place to protect people and their works and these laws enable people to place a value on their creativity.

More under this link:
www.pro-imaging.org/content/view/164/161/

------------------------------------------

World Property Intellectual Organization

“The purpose of copyright and related rights is twofold: to encourage a dynamic creative culture, while returning value to creators so that they can lead a dignified economic existence, and to provide widespread, affordable access to content for the public.”

Rights grabbing seeks to take advantage of a dynamic creative culture without returning value to creators and therefore the practice of rights grabbing is unethical.

More under this link:
www.wipo.int/copyright/en/index.html



No comments:

Post a Comment