Friday, August 31, 2012

Risk

davebrosha has added a photo to the pool:

Risk

This was a fun challenge: to photograph an artistic black-and-white "studio" style portrait of a horse...without a studio.

To do this, I first tried to find a place on the stable grounds that was as shaded as possible (there was fairly bright sun during this portion of the photoshoot). I then choose a combination of aperture/shutter speed that pretty much overpowered whatever ambient li
ght was left, giving me essentially a dark frame before I re-introduced light.

Finally, I used three Canon speedlites on the horse, Risk, to then light him up.

Finally, in Lightroom I had to burn out a couple of spots in the photo that weren't completely black and then convert it to black and white.

Model: Risk
Owner: Suzanne Benoit
Assistant: Kelly St-Pierre



No comments:

Post a Comment