Wednesday, February 29, 2012

#309 - Find A Penny...

TheFFK has added a photo to the pool:

#309 - Find A Penny...

I got a new toy this evening, a reversing ring. It allows you to reverse the lens on your camera so you can use it for macro work. The issue is that the lens you used really has to have a manual aperture control ring on it as there is no electronic linkage on the reversing ring. No problem for me as I have my Dad's old Sun 38-90mm lens which when reversed give enormous magnification. I'm not sure what it is but I'd hazard a guess at 2:1 or even 3:1? Anyone know how to work it out (bearing in mind that the lens is backwards!) This shot is full frame and not cropped at all.

Oh and this penny has been inside our washing machine which is why it is so battered.

Strobist:

Sunpak PZ42 in softbox at 1/2 power to the left of frame.



No comments:

Post a Comment