Wednesday, July 25, 2012

207/365 - Noblest Dog

djwtwo has added a photo to the pool:

207/365 - Noblest Dog

“The noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.” - Lawrence J. Peter

July is National Hot Dog Month, and, at my office, it is our annual Hot Dog Week. That translates into a week's worth of lunches at the local hot dog serving establishments in and around Natick. I missed today’s outing, as a result of an actual work commitment during lunch, so I decided to have a hot dog for supper instead. While I was at it, I figured it was an appropriate subject for today's 365 shot.

This is my favorite baseline dog: grilled dog, buttered and grilled New England-style bun, diced onion, yellow mustard. No ketchup (I'm over 18, thank you very much.) Often I'd put some celery salt on, too, but I'm fresh out at the house. These toppings are my "control dog" when evaluating a new place. Chips, pickles, and the orange cream soda rounded out the plate.

Since it was already dusk when I shot this, and I wanted the look of an outdoor shot, I set up the strobes and tried to go for bright, backlit, and diffuse.

Nikon D7000 w/Nikkor 18-200mm @ 62mm, 1/250s @ ƒ/6.7, ISO100. One SB-700 behind the scene, 24mm zoom, 1/5 power, shooting through a white umbrella. Second SB-700, 24mm zoom, 1/5 power, camera left, bounced off a white card above and slightly in front of the scene.



No comments:

Post a Comment