Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Day Nine

Mathias Moberg has added a photo to the pool:

Day Nine

From darkness comes light - Ancient Myan civilication

Strobist Into:
1 Nikon SB-900 - Camera Right below @ M 1/16 with Octo Softbox and CTO-1 Gel
1 Nikon SB-600 - Camera Left Above M @ 1/4 with Mini (20cm) softbox and green gel
Triggered using pocketwizard PW2

Don't ask me about the quote. I'm not entirely sure what the connection is with todays image. I exported the photo out of lightroom, and dragged it over to the flickr uploader, and that was the first thing that came to mind... But I do think it fits! A flower, like a rose does start its life in complete darkness. Down in the earth, for months, before it stands in all its glory. So there.

I had so much fun shooting this image! Playing with available light, flashes with different gels, and working with the 105 macro. All in all, I'm really happy with how it finally came out in the end! I rather like it!

Until next time...



No comments:

Post a Comment