Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Breath and Shadow

Photog°Scott has added a photo to the pool:

Breath and Shadow

Website || Pinterest

Please, no banners / 'seen in ___ group' images.

. . . . . . . . . . . .

Strobist Info

1 LP120 || camera right, behind subject || key light || 1/4 power || Honl Travel8 Softbox

*All triggered via Pocket Wizards.
. . . . . . . . . . .

Press L. It's worth it.

“A human being is only breath and shadow." - Sophocles

Well, even though I cheated yesterday, I still didn't catch much of break today. Don't get me wrong, I feel much better! But now my internet connection has been shot to hell for no reason. I'm posting this by rigging my phone to broadcast a wireless connection. It's not the best (or most reliable) solution, but it should last long enough to post this.

That quote from Sophocles has always been one of my favorite. I enjoy reading literature from ancient civilization. Some of it is completely erroneous by modern thinking, but a fair amount of it -- particularly about the human condition -- is still applicable today. When you read Plato or Sophocles or Aristotle and find that connection, it's like someone is speaking to you across the centuries. It's worth reading for no other reason than that.

Comments returned after my connection stabilizes! Sorry for the delay!

75/365



No comments:

Post a Comment