Monday, February 13, 2012

sitting working on the computer 365 12.2.2012

DCox Photox has added a photo to the pool:

sitting working on the computer 365 12.2.2012

Ok this is a funny shot........Firstly what I was going to use for the lighting was decided before I knew what I was going to shoot. I use Nikon CLS quite a bit. I have a SB600,800, and 900. I use the 900 mostly. I am a one light kind of guy........maybe a softbox, maybe a shoot-thru brella, and a reflector. I will add a killer flick of light with the SB800 using a hard light soft light combo, or mount them both on a light stand using a clam shell set up. I dont often use the SB600. I leave the SB800 and SB600 set up as remotes....I switch them on and they are ready to go and be controlled by the on camera flash. SB900 is group A, SB800 is group B, and yes you have guessed it the SB600 is group C. One thing I never do is set one of them as commander and control the other flashes from one of the others. It would really be best to have one type of flash to remember how to use all of them rather than try and carry in my memory how the 3 flashes work. SOoooooooo tonight was about using CLS in commander mode. 900 as the boss and providing light to the computer screen with some gentle fill. 800 to the left providing hard light and 600 camera light doing hard rim light.
This took 2 minutes to shoot and 35 minutes to look through the manuals of the 3 flashes. My main problem was trying to remember how to zoom the 800........i left the dome deflector on, which automatically overcomes the zoom controls on the 800........that took a lot of complex reading! iTTl manual. Sc29 synch cable to 900 with a shoot thru brella. 600 &800s zoomed tight as they will go to give either side rim light and controlled on the 900.

subject a foot and the applemac at work. Laptops, evening entertainment and a lot of furnuculating with flash manuals. My philosophy is know what your equipment can do! then use it to be creative



No comments:

Post a Comment