Friday, February 17, 2012

James

World of Tim has added a photo to the pool:

James

Sadly I’ve somewhat neglected my FlickR page in the last few months. This has been for a number of reasons, busy at work, broken computers and also the fact that I don’t really feel that I’ve taken that much that’s really worth uploading. If you think that’s bad I haven’t updated my own website (shameless plug: www.tsphoto.co.uk) in nearly a year now!

Way back in April 2009 I thought it might be good fun to have a go at doing some strobist style lighting of a couple of my friends (Dan and James) whilst out mountain biking. The idea was to try and get some nice bright action packed pics (you know, like you see in magazines) the reality was slightly different...

Lugging all of the gear with me along with my normal biking gear was a pain in the back (literally!) and I struggled to get enough power out of my 3 aging Nikon SB800s. I think my general lighting style was more suitable for static subjects and in hindsight I really wish that I’d stuck to experimenting with just one naked flash head, but as usual I tried to make things far too complicated. Dan and James got a little bored riding up and down the hill again and again and to make matters worse they had to wait months for me to sort the pics out and send them some. I don’t think they’ll be too keen to help me out again!

I would give exact strobist info, but I can remember exactly. The formula was more or less x1 SB800 ½ power with softbox camera left, x1 SB800 on camera as master at ¼ power and a third SB800 camera right on full power to act as a ‘kicker’.



No comments:

Post a Comment