cdmalin has added a photo to the pool:
Another shot from the studio. Inspired by Frank Doorhof, I had the kids jump a little just for fun. They were in such great outfits and great moods.
Shot at f/20 to keep things as sharp as possible. 1/160th, since I have a 5D II.
I didn't have the fill where I should have, so I needed to do some post work (thank you, Dan Margulis). Proper fill would have added more detail to the skirt. To really get the skirt lit properly may have required another light (dish with a grid, maybe?).
Strobist: 2 400ws studio strobes in 26" soft boxes. One boomed high and camera right (5 o'clock), the other about head height camera left (8 o'clock). Both strobes about 4 feet from subject, with background another 5-6 feet away.
Lessons learned: (1) My Elinchrom D-Lite IT 400s are great, but don't have the speed to capture motion without blur (see feet). I might try a reshoot with HSF to see what I can get. (2) Turn on the modelling lights. (3) Watch fill ratio, maybe use a 60" umbrella for fill closer to camera axis.
© 2011 Christopher D. Malin
No comments:
Post a Comment