Tuesday, January 3, 2012

3/366 Magical Midnight Snack

Aaron DuRall has added a photo to the pool:

3/366 Magical Midnight Snack

I guess I am getting an early jump on today's shot! I have been wanting to do something like this for a little while, but wasn't sure what to do. I decided on the microwave because I love to eat and was actually kinda hungry when trying to make a decision about the photo. It all seemed fitting.

Technically, this is my first off camera flash shot ever. I am waiting to get my new YN-460, some CyberSyncs and some various accessories. I am wanting to get serious about strobing, so I am really stoked about getting this stuff in! This whole year is going to be about learning and improving as much as possible. I am looking forward to it.

For this shot I just used the camera's triggering system. Not real great, but it worked! I just wrapped the flash with a paper towel and lined the inside of my microwave with foil for a consistent bounce/reflection.

I literally went back and forth for almost an hour on the color scheme for this. I decided on the green hue because I feel like it gives it a bit more of a "magical" feel, if you will.

This photo also made me realize how gross the microwave has gotten! Hahaha.

Anyways, I hope you dig it.

Shooting:
Canon 7D - Self timer
Canon 50 mm 1.8
Canon 430 II on ETTL facing away from me

Editing:
Temperature adjustment
Acid Wash - very little
Burning



No comments:

Post a Comment